Starts - March 26th - 6:00 PM EST
Ends - April 30th - 9:00 PM EST
Anywhere in US or Canada
Any angler 13 years or older with an iPhone. This challenge is only available on our iOS app. We will host additional tournaments that will include Android device very soon.
Rules & Instructions:
Step 1- APP - Download the ConnectScale Fishing App on iTunes App Store. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD Complete setting up your User Profile with First and Last names and a Profile Pic that shows your face. Your User name must include your legal First and Last name. Users that show only your email address or an alias/brand name as User Name will not be eligible.
Step 2- MEASURING DEVICES - Have a scale and ruler
- A Digital Scale (Does not have to be a ConnectScale)
- A measuring device to measure length. Ruler, Tape measure, Bump Board, etc….
Step 3- IDENTIFIER CARD: NAME & CODE - Write down your First and Last name plus the Tournament Code on the Identifier Card. You can download and print the Identifier Card HERE -> http://bit.ly/CSTCARD The Tournament Code to write is 0319
Step 4- CATCH - Go Fishing and Catch a Bass. Here are details of eligible catches:
Species—Only “black bass” are eligible for scoring.
- Largemouth Bass – Micropterus salmoides,
- Smallmouth Bass – Micropterus dolomineu,
- Spotted or Kentucky Bass – Micropterus punctulatus)
Step 5 - WEIGH & LOG - Weigh the catch on your scale and enter details of each catch on the ConnectScale iOS Fishing App. Required fields to complete are:
- Weight - Obtained automatically from ConnectScale Bluetooth Fishing Scale or manually input from another scale. Automatic weights are indicated on the Catch Feed with a Green Font. Manual weights should be entered in Pounds to the nearest 100th. If you have a scale that displays Pounds - Ounces you must do the conversion before submitting your weight.
- Length - Manually input the length of each catch in the Length Field.
- Species - Select appropriate species of catch. (Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass, Spotted Bass)
- Public Tournament Code - No need to do anything on this section. This field will be automatically be populated once you save the catch and have it public and a photo added. If you want to remove a catch from a tournament just tap to open this field and uncheck this event.
- Photos - Add two separate verification photos for each catch.
- Weight Verification - Photo must show display of scale and LCD screen with weight and full length of catch in frame. For scales that have hold feature, the catch does not have to be on scale at time of photo but scale and catch must both be in frame.
- Length Verification - Photo must show catch on Measuring device. The fish needs to be measured from left to right. Starting from the mouth on the left and ending with the tail on the right. The mouth of the catch must be completely closed. The Length Photo must include the Tournament Identifier Card with the Tournament Code 0319 clearly visible.
- Private Catch Disabled - Make sure the Private catch slider is turned off and not showing Green. If the catch is kept Private we will not see it in Public Feed or in database query when we are verifying results. You may keep Share Map (GPS) Location private so that no other users will know your location. The Private catch setting is used for determining if catch is displayed on Public Feed and eligible for Public Tournaments/Challenges. If you keep your location private, only the Tournament Admin will be able to see your location. This is required to verify that the catch was weighed on body of water.
- Save - After you have completed ALL of the steps above tap Save in top right hand corner to save the catch submission and enter the catch in the competition.
Step 6 - REPEAT - Complete steps 4 and 5 as many times as you can during the time frame of this challenge. This is Best 5 Total Weight Tournament. Winner will be determined by weight of 5 largest catches by weight.
Keep up to date with standings by using our new Live Tournament Leaderboard at www.connectscale.app
1st Place $50 Gift Card to ConnectScale.com
2nd Place $25 Gift Card to ConnectScale.com
3rd Place $10 Gift Card to ConnectScale.com
* Free Entry. No purchase necessary. ConnectScale reserves the right to disqualify or omit any catches that do not meet rules described above. All decisions by ConnectScale Staff are FINAL. As a condition of participation in a Competition, and by virtue of using the app, each Competitor agrees to accept the terms and condition of the ConnectScale Terms & Condition including a Waiver and Release of Liability.